On Wednesday Jennifer went for her 6 month check up. The doctor said she is healthy and growing great. Here are her stats:
Length: 28in - 97%
Weight: 17lb - 64%
Side note: Jennifer is not a great sleeper. On good nights she only gets up once to eat, but often she gets up two or three times a night to eat. I was talking to the doctor about this and she said that she does not need to get up at night to eat so I am ok not to feed her, and she eventually needs to figure out how to soothe herself back to sleep. The doctor was also saying that she needs the full night sleep, without getting up, to help her brain to develop. She said not to worry about working on getting her to sleep through the night for a couple more weeks, and not to do anything about it over the holidays. Well, I have been nervous about trying to force her to sleep through the night. Matthew just started sleeping through the night all by himself, so I do not have any experience and I am not sure I have the courage to do the "cry it out" thing. So I left the doctor a little worried about when the time came but glad it was going to be a while longer to build up the courage to do it. Now I don't know if this is just a coincidence or Jennifer was listening because that night she cried and I got her up to feed her but she did not want to eat and each night after I have just put her pacifier back in and she goes back to sleep. (Knock on wood!)
No comments:
Post a Comment