Sunday, May 10, 2009
Happy Mother's Day!
For those of you who know me I am not a morning person, I like to sleep in and thankfully I was blessed with a little boy who also likes to sleep in. Most mornings he does not wake up until 9:30 or 10:00. On Sundays we do not have church until 10 so I don't usually get up until 8:50. Well this morning Matthew starts crying at 7am. Usually at night I can just go in and put his blanket back on him but once the sun is coming up or is up if I go in he will not go back to bed. So I waited a little while thinking he might go back to sleep, which he usually would, but this morning he just kept getting louder. So I got out of bed thinking in my mind in a sarcastic tone "Happy Mothers day to me". But when I went in his room and picked him up I sat in the glider with him for about 30 min just rocking him and then I really thought what a great mothers day gift because now that he is so active I rarely get time like this where he will just snuggle me and it was really great to wake up in the morning and be able to hold him and love him for a little while. So even though it was early I really was grateful for an opportunity I would have otherwise not gotten today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment