
She is finally here. Jennifer IdaMay was born Friday, June 4th at 8:22 am. She was 7 lbs 9 oz and 19.5 in.
Here is our story:
I have to start with what happened Thursday. Luke, Matthew and I went to Wal-Mart to get a few things before I had the baby. When we were there we Matthew said he wanted a toy and we said he could get one to have this weekend while we were at the hospital. We were walking down the toy asle looking at the shelves for something for Matthew when Luke, who was walking in front of me, started to slip and said to me "stop" but I was already falling. I fell on the floor in a huge pile of wet pink stuff that looked like a slurpy. Luckily i landed on my butt and knee but I was covered in the stuff on the floor, it took me a little while to get up because my shoes were also covered and I kept slipping. when I finally got up and stepped back Luke went to get someone to help and i realized that it smelled really bad i was trying to figure out why it smelled so bad when I realized that the stuff I fell in was not a slurpy but some kids throwup and I was covered in it. Once I looked at the scene you could tell that some kid had been sitting in a cart and thrown up all over the asle and the cart and the parents had just picked him up and left because at the end of the throw up was a cart with stuff in it and throw up all over the it. It was crazy that some just left without telling anyone that their kid had thrown up. Anyways, it did not take long for the manager and staff to get over to the asle the were really nice and kept saying they were sorry. They took my information and then gave me some new clothes to change into. i went home and showered off. I could not believe what a crappy thing to happen the day before I was supposed to give birth.
Friday:
I have to start with saying that with Matthew I got toxemia a few weeks before I was due and that is why they induced me and then I ended up in a c-section. So with this baby I have been really nervous about getting toxemia especially when I started to swell up towards the end but every time I went into the doctor my blood pressure was prefect so on Tuesday when it once again came back good i thought that I was in the clear. Well we went into the hospital Friday morning for the c-section and as they were checking me out to make sure I was ready for the c-section they took my blood pressure and it came back really high, so they ran some more tests and i ended up having toxemia. They did the c-section and everything went well with that, Luke and Jennifer went to the nursery to get here checked out and they sewed me up. But because of the toxemia they had to put me in a labor room instead of the mother/baby room because they put me on magnesium and blood pressure medicine and they said that they mother/baby rooms were not prepared to deal with me if i started having seizures, which is a result of the toxemia. We stayed in the labor room until Sunday when they took me off the medicine because my blood pressure had gotten better. I was finally able to get up and move around which hurt but I was glad to be out of bed. I have been able to recover a lot better with this one then with Matthew which is nice and hopefully continues to be the case. sorry this blog is so long and hopefully it makes sense. We are glad to be home and that everything is going good for Jennifer and I.
Jennifer is the sweetest baby. She does not cry a lot, she eats and sleeps great. she is really beautiful and we are so blessed to have her in our family. I guess that we get good babies because i have such hard pregnancies, whatever the reason she is really wonderful.
7 comments:
Congratulations!! I didn't even realize you were expecting again (I'm a little slow ;) She is absolutely beautiful! I hope recovery continues to go smoothly for you all! What a sweet family you have! :)
Congrats!!! Jennifer is one beautiful girl. My mom told me that our babies were due on the same day. Our baby, Katie, was born on May 26th. She's a great baby too. Glad you and your family are doing well!
wonderful! We are so happy for your family! She is gorgeous, I wouldn't expect anything less.
I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congrats to you guys! She is beautiful and how fun to have a boy and a girl.
She's here! Yay! It's fun to have both a boy and a girl, isn't it? She's beautiful. Congrats to all of you! btw, that throw-up story is absolutely disgusting!! I think I would've thrown-up after I figured out that's what it was! Man, Walmart could've gotten in HUGE trouble for that... you were pregnant!! Glad you are okay!
Congrats!! She is beautiful!!! We are so excited for you guys!
Congratulations on your new baby girl! And I love the name (wink wink). We're so happy for you!
Post a Comment