I am so blessed to have a husband who understands the power of prayer and teaches our children about it. And I am as equally blessed to have a son with such faith in prayer.
Over the July 4th weekend we visited some of Luke's family in TN. Matthew has pretty bad allergies, which we usually give him him medicine for (just the hay fever kind). Anyways, I had forgot to bring them with us and he had spent all day outside on Saturday. That night Matthew wakes up coughing every few minutes. This goes on for about an hour. We didn't know what to do for him. Luke suggests to Matthew to say a prayer. Matthew asks Heavenly Father to bless him to stop coughing and that he can sleep. After he ends the prayer he coughs a few more times and then goes to sleep. He did not cough the rest of the night.
Last week I was driving Matthew and Jennifer back from the doctor, she had an ear infection and so he was really cranky. She was crying and yelling. Matthew says to me that he is going to say a prayer for Jennifer. He asks Heavenly Father to bless Jennifer to stop crying and to feel better.
A few days ago Jennifer was screaming and so Matthew started screaming. Luke told Matthew to stop screaming but he kept on doing it so he got sent to him room. I went in there a few minutes later and he was kneeling on the floor, praying. When he got done I asked him what he was praying about and he told me that he was asking for us all not to be so grumpy.
I love how he always thinks to pray and how he has the faith in the Lord that he will answer his prayer. So many times I find myself doubting that fact because things are hard or it did not happen the way I wanted it to. I am just grateful that we have been blessed with such a sweet boy that has such strong faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment