I know when the doctor told us it was a boy that we were going to have our hands full, that he would be crazy and fast and full of life - he is Luke's son after all. And I figured that with all boys comes injury, scrapes and bruises. Luke has broke at least 6 different bones - I knew with an active boy there is always risk of him getting hurt but it is still hard to deal with when it happens. Yesterday while I was visiting teaching Matthew and his cousin Gabby (my cousin Cindy is my visiting teaching partner) were fighting over a toy and Matthew was pulling on it really hard so when he won the tug of war battle the toy came back and hit him in the face with a lot of force. His mouth was bleeding and at first we thought it had just hit his lip and then we saw that it had chipped his tooth and then he had bit his lip. I stayed calm while I was trying to stop the bleeding and calm him down but when we got in the car I thought I was going to lose it. It is still hard to think about with out crying. I want to protect him from everything but I know you can't and that I have to let him fall down so that he can learn how to get up - even though I did tell Luke when he got home that we were putting Matthew in a Plastic bubble. Well here is the sad evidence: (it is the top front left tooth)

Today Matthew took my glasses when I was not looking and went into his room with them - when I went in to check on him this is what I found: my broken glasses :(
1 comment:
Boy does that sound familiar! If it makes you feel any better, two of Alex's little buddies at church have chipped front teeth. It's almost unavoidable with boys! I hope your next one is a calm little girl (I'm crossing my fingers for that too). Boys are sure a lot of fun, but they keep you on your toes don't they?
Post a Comment